Friday 10 July 2015

Looking Back

As I read back through this blog more than a year after my Pennine Way adventure, I am struck by how pleasant the whole last day looks from the photos. This is because the only photos I took during the day were at the points were it wasn't actually raining, in other words, the beginning, end and the temporary clearance as I approached the second refuge hut. The rest of the day was a battle against the elements, through rain, fog, wind but most of all, the flooded, squelching peat. In complete contrast, the second section of my hike to Cape Wrath couldn't have been more contrasting. I walked for twenty-two days in May 2016 from Kirk Yetholm, where I finished the previous year, to Strathcarron in the Highlands in glorious weather with only a couple of wet days on the West Highland Way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment