Saturday 8 June 2019

LEJOG Day 18 (39) - Slaidburn to Over Kellet - May 14th 2019

After a 30k hike today, my feet are now quietly smouldering under the table in the pub. Today was superb, an airy, roller coaster yomp across the fell-tops of the Forest of Bowland on a wide track. I left Slaidburn and was soon struggling to find the path as it disappeared into a really boggy area but after fighting my way through this, I located the track that was to be my route across the Forest of Bowland fells. The weather was superb and allowed me to enjoy the far-reaching views across the fells, with hazy views towards the Yorkshire Three Peaks. After descending to Hornby, I followed quiet country lanes to Over Kellet where I checked into a campsite before strolling (okay hobbling) to the pub. A shorter day tomorrow to Arnside. Carlisle is getting closer!
Leaving Slaidburn
The track across the Forest of Bowland fells


Looking down into Whitendale

A hazy view towards the Yorkshire 3 Peaks
Descending to Hornby

No comments:

Post a Comment