Tuesday 4 June 2019

LEJOG Days 12 & 13 (33 & 34) - Wincle to Hadfield - May 7th & 8th 2019

After a day with my friend Nigel, I was back to walking solo as I headed for Tegg´s Nose on the Gritstone Trail. The weather was again cold and grey but as the route skirted the western edge of the Peak District, the scenery became progressively more spectacular. Having lost the route of the Gritstone Trail towards the end of the previous day, I navigated my way back onto the route and picked up the markers again shortly before the climb onto Tegg´s Nose. This steep climb on to the summit afforded fantastic views of the surrounding countryside and I spent some time exploring the remains of the millstone grit quarry. The day became a series of climbs and descents to the village of Disley, where I was picked up by Nigel. 

wildboarclough
Shutlingsloe

Approaching Teggs Nose


On the summit of Teggs Nose
View from the summit of Teggs Nose
The following day, Nigel dropped me off for the last time and I left Disley following a canal before picking up the Sett Valley Trail. The weather was cold and wet with a fairly strong wind, which felt particularly cold on the hills. Eventually, I left the Sett Valley Trail for the Pennine Bridleway, which I followed over remote hills to the outskirts of Glossop before road walking to Hadfield, also known as Royston Vasey in the TV series, The League of Gentleman.




White Nancy
White Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment