Friday 7 June 2019

LEJOG Day 15 (36) - Marsden to Heptonstall - May 10th 2019

Yesterday, after the previous challenging day on the Pennine Way, I climbed out of Marsden back onto the moors and picked up the trail again at Standedge. Although the wind was still cold and the skies grey, the day remained dry until near the very end. This part of the Pennine Way follows some gritstone edges and also passes numerous reservoirs. I stopped for lunch at the White House, a pub sitting alone high on the moors on Blackstone Edge before carrying on to Stoodley Pike, a large monument standing on the moors above Hebden Bridge. As I descended to the village, the heavens opened and I arrived dripping wet in nearby Heptonstall after a lung bursting climb to the village. Here, I checked into a pub for two nights to give me a rest day and a chance to explore the area. Overall I walked 20 miles.

Leaving Marsden


Pule Hill

Millstone Edge


Stoodley Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment